NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
This qualification will enable you to work as a junior therapist
and enable you to carry out manual treatments covering manicure,
pedicure, eyebrow shaping, eyelash treatments (tinting and perming),
waxing, make-up and manual facial applications. It also covers
essential business elements to ensure commercial effectiveness. A
level 2 qualification is equivalent to 2 GCSEs.
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and
- Promote additional services and products to clients.
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work.
- Provide facial skin care treatment.
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Carry out waxing services.
- Provide manicure services.
- Provide pedicure services.
- Provide make-up services.
- Fulfil salon reception duties.
24 days including assessment and portfolio building.
Course Fee £3,000.
The NVQ system is based upon competent performance and states the
minimum number of assessments for each unit. In addition to the
course, you will need to complete case studies in your own time to
cover the module ranges and to assist with the learning of your
routines. You will need to practise until you can operate within
commercial time frames, of which you will be advised on the course.
You will also be required to undertake theory revision for the APL
areas as questions pertaining to these could arise in the
underpinning knowledge assessments. Some theoretical assignments
and collection of evidence will be required. You would be required
to wear Salon Uniform and would need to purchase your own kit for
use on the course and own preparations for practise at home.
Otherwise everything required to conduct the treatments will be
provided whilst on the course.