NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy (Make-Up)
A National Vocational Qualification which will enable you to work as a Senior Beauty Therapist. This course is
recommended to be taken after completing level 2. It enables you to
expand your make-up techniques and creative flair, with additional
options in corrective therapies in various forms of massage and
electrical therapies. As a senior therapist you will be required to
work at a supervisory level with regard to health, safety and
application of Salon procedures. A full level 3 qualification is
equivalent to two ‘A’ levels.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business.
- Provide specialist skin and camouflage treatments.
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils.
- Provide self tanning services.
- Provide single eyelash extension treatments.
- Design and create fashion and photographic make-up.
30 days including assessment and portfolio building.
Course Fee £4,500.
The NVQ system is based upon competent performance and states the
minimum number of assessments for each unit.
In addition to the
course, you will need to complete case studies in your own time to
cover the module ranges and to assist with the learning of your
routines. You will need to practise until you can operate within
commercial time frames, of which you will be advised on the course.
You will also be required to undertake theory revision for the
underpinning knowledge assessments. Some theoretical assignments
and collection of evidence will be required. You would be required
to wear Salon Uniform and would need to purchase your own kit for
use on the course and own preparations for practise at home.
Otherwise everything required to conduct the treatments will be
provided whilst on the course.